Re: triple concerto

At 08:03 PM 5/12/2000 -0400, Sandpail@AOL.COM wrote:
DId GG record Beethoven's triple concerto?
If yes, does anyone know a u.s. internet source to order the CD?

According to the discographies in the Friedrich, no, he never recorded it either commercially or for broadcast.  And the piece is listed only once among his concerts: Feb 11, 1961 in St Louis with Farbman & Parnas, conducted by van Remoortel.

It's not indexed in the _GG Reader_ either that he had any published comments about the piece.  I admit I was surprised to find it listed among the concerts even once; structurally it seems to be the sort of Beethoven piece he disliked.  (See "Glenn Gould Interviews Himself About Beethoven".)

Bradley Lehman
Dayton VA
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl