[no subject]

I guess everyone knows this already (and it's not strictly relevant as
Gould isn't actually *mentioned*) but the French film "La Separation"
uses one of Gould's recordings of the Aria from the Goldbergs as it's
soundtrack (it gets repeated almost, but not quite, ad nauseum).
Mysteriously the credits gave it as having been taken from a 1957
release by Sony but I guess it's the 1955 recording in disguise (it's a
long time since I saw the film) - it certainly wasn't slow enough to be the
'81 recording.
 Incidentally the film's quite good fun - esp. if you're single !

Gabriel.