Re: GG: How did Gould play?

In message <Pine.A32.3.91.960718132429.32525K-100000@smasher.rs.itd.umic
h.edu>, Bradley P Lehman <bpl@umich.edu> writes
>dtate wrote on Usenet:
>
>> In article <13140@aggie.ucdavis.edu> ccmnate@deneb.ucdavis.edu () writes:
>> >I am interested to hear what you folks her have to say about Glenn
>> >Gould as a pianist.  How does he compare with other pianists?  How does
>> >he interpret pieces like the Goldberg Variations?  The Well Tempered
>> >Clavier?
>>
>(...)
>>
>> >I am primarily interested in specifics, because I am considering writing
>> >a paper on his performing style, and I would like to see if there is
>> >enough to say about him to warrant a whole paper.
>>
>> Friend, there's enough to warrant a three-volume hardcover edition...
>
>The first volume of which is:
>

> Author:         Hagestedt, Jens, 1958-
> Title:          Wie spielt Glenn Gould? : Zu einer Theorie der
>                      Interpretation
> Published:      Munchen : P. Kirchheim, c1991.
>
> SUBJECT HEADINGS (Library of Congress; use s=):
>                 Gould, Glenn--Criticism and interpretation.
>                 Piano music--Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.).
>  LOCATION:              CALL NUMBER:
>  MUSIC                  ML 417 .G69 H14 1991

This a PhD thesis ?

I'm sure one of the people at the GG Festival in Holland was writing
such a work - that is on GG's interpretations.

Neil Tingley                   Furtwaengler FAQ from r.m.c.r contributers at:
neil@music.demon.co.uk         http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/music/ & links to
London, UK                     G.H Gould and others "more about me" menu.