Glenn Gould: The New Listener

Ian, Allan and all:

The folks at DNA Media are in the midst of keeping up with pre-Christmas
shipment orders for our other titles, so, they may be unable to respond
immediately to queries.  In the meantime, I've been personally responding
to a few messages forwarded to me by DNA Media, from people who'd seen the
ad in the latest issue of GlennGould, and from others who'd seen the
one-page blurb in the booklet for Sony's reissued Silver Jubilee Album.

Glenn Gould: The New Listener is alive and well.  After a number of delays,
DNA Media has just had the replication and packaging done for the CD-ROM.
Our executive management (for both DNA Productions/DNA Media) is working to
clear up a content licensing issue first before releasing the product to
store shelves.

Both the Gould Estate and Sony Classical contributed content and feedback
for this project.  As well, the CD-ROM contains clips from CBC Radio and
Television, Glenn Gould's Toronto (Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd.), the
National Film Board of Canada, among assorted many other photos and
documents, much of which was sourced from the National Library of Canada.
There's an excerpt of Gould's performance of a Beethoven concerto with
Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic, a portion of Gould's
performance of the infamous Brahms concerto with Bernstein and the NY Phil,
along with rarely-heard early radio interviews.

And I shouldn't neglect to mention that the CD-ROM has already garnered an
award (EMMA International, General Interest, Arts and Culture
<http://www.emmaawards.com>).

Thanks for your interest and patience!  As a token of appreciation, we'll
offer members of the F-minor list and the Friends of Glenn Gould a discount
on the retail price.  I'll try to keep everyone posted as soon as more
details become available, and those CD-ROM packages make it out our doors...

Katherine Lee

P.S. Ian, what does it mean to be "nobled"???

	k a t h e r i n e   l e e    m u l t i m e d i a   p r o d u c e r

   	 DNA Productions Inc.   Tel: (604) 730-0306, ext. 103
     230-1737 West 3rd Avenue    Fax: (604) 732-7331
	          Vancouver, BC    Email: katherine@dnamedia.com
	        V6J 1K7 Canada    http://www.dnamedia.com