RE: Wagner?

Although I am not a fan of Wagner's music, I am a fan of Gould.  However, I
know you are not the first person to express those sentiments about Gould's
Wagner.  The Siegfried recording was viewed by most critics like you view
the piano music.  Pondrous, non-emotional, over-detailed.  I've read
reviews that expressed horror at the notion that this might be the path
that music was taking. What made Gould's Bach so great was the sense of
spontineity and freshness that he brought to the music.

Michael Brenner
124 Raymond Ave.
Box 2334
Poughkeepsie, NY  12604-2334