GG: a question

Hello.  I'm a new Glenn Gould fan/ convert.  I was reading some biographies
about him, and one of the authors mentioned that he might have been a
homosexual.  I was wondering about his adult social life. What I have read
mostly deals with his childhood, which seemed to be a rather lonely time for
him; was his adult social life was similar?  How did he handle the sudden fame
that accompanied the release of the Goldberg variations (1955)? Can you
recommend any books about him?  Thanks.