RE: Let a Hundred Goldbergs Bloom Dept

Mike said:

> Does anyone know the relationship of the '81 Goldbergs recording  to the
> Monsaigeon video now released by Sony? I enjoy the video; albeit the
> physical condition of GG is saddening, his joy is obvious and, purely
> subjectively, I am reminded of the harpsichord.
> The video appears at least to be of one piece (unedited).
>

>From memory, the liner notes say that not all the movements on the audio and
video recordings are from the same take. Apparently, GG felt that some takes
were more suited to either the audio or video version.

As there is a shot change between all of the movements in the video, I think
it's unlikely that the video consists of one straight-through recording.

For some, I've been wanting to simultaneously play the CD and the video in
an attempt to discover the differences. I can't, because I have the Laser
Disc version and my Laser Disc Player is also my CD Player....

Marius