Re: Let a Hundred Goldbergs Bloom Dept

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:45:44 -0800, you wrote:

>Does anyone know the relationship of the '81 Goldbergs recording  to the
>Monsaigeon video now released by Sony?

The video was recorded during the recording sessions for the CD. Some different
takes were used to mix the final CD audio track though. Monsaignon reports it
was a very moving occassion for all involved ask the crew threw a party at the
end which alas GG declined to attend.

I've not seen the video - will get it but I know its going to make me cry the
whole way through (!). (I was very very moved by a live performance of the GG
quartet at the last GG festival in Holland - perhaps it was the first time I
felt I had some kind of direct communiucation with GG and I felt overwhelmingly
saddened by the work. Quite a day I can tell you).

I'm planning on coming to toronto BTW - I've sort of promised John Miller so I'd
better be there.

Neil
Neil (at home)    |http://www.thump.org
ICQ# - 11875525   |AOL IM - "imheifetz"