Live Radio Locations

Dear F Minors,

I'm asking your help once again for the BBCs radio's proposed Glenn
Gould Night.

I'm searching for a suitable Gouldian location from which to introduce
and link the evening. It needs to be somewhere with a strong connection
with Gould, a distinctive sense of "place" that can be heard - or sensed
- on air, and a supply of electricity. I've never been to Canada (or
even to the US) so my own suggestions below may be impractical. Do let
me know.

My own suggestions are:

A room in the house where Gould grew up - log fire blazing
the shores of Lake Simcoe (is that where he used to buzz the fishermen?)
The hall in New York where he performed his US debut
A transport café
The place he used to live and phone from late in life (I don't know it
this exists still)
The studio where he recorded the 1955 Goldbergs

I really am most grateful for your help in all this, my previous
requests have to your excellent list have led to mountains of helpful
and interesting suggetions, all now safely filed.

Thanks again.