Re: GG: Photos/posters

Dear Tim,

I know your question was posed awhile ago...did anyone else get back to you
about it?

I was at one point searching for a poster of Glenn Gould.  This included
hunting around Toronto when I was there four years ago, to virtually no
avail.  I even happened to see a spectacular "life size" poster at Sam the
Record Man on Yonge Street; actually two identical posters, side by side.  I
believe they were meant to accompany one or another of the Sony Glenn Gould
Edition releases.  But alas, when I asked if I might purchase one, I was
told they are not for sale.

If you haven't heard any better suggestions, you might attempt to contact
Sony directly, they seem to distribute them (or at least they did) as
promotion.  Or, better yet, drop an email to the Glenn Gould Foundation.
The reproduction of his image (as you probably know) is regulated entirely
by the GG Estate, and I think the fine folks at the Foundation might have
helpful information, and perhaps know which direction to send you, if it's
possible to collect such a poster.  I think the F_minor web site has a link
to the GG Foundation site.

Hope that helps!

Veronica Xavier
xavierandrew@earthlink.net