Re: GG's orthodox interpretations

Bradley:

I was intrigued by your classification of the Partitas (below).  I'd be
very interested to hear your analysis of the differences - with respect
to "orthodoxy" - between #1,5,6 and #2,3,4.  In particular, what makes
the latter "unorthodox"?  Also, some of the tempi in #5 - insane, in my
opinion, but also incredible and wonderful to behold - strike me as
quite unusual.  These are among my favorite recordings, so I'm
interested in your opinion of them.

Thanks to everyone for this interesting discussion.

-Tim Solomon

Bradley P Lehman wrote:

which GG interpretations could be considered orthodox?

> For a starter, here's my list:
> Bach partitas 1, 5, 6 (mostly)

> For "particularly delightful but unorthodox" I'd list [...]
 Partitas 2-4,