Re: Sgt. Pepper

My fear that I was being pompous in objecting to the vapid chit chat about
Sgt. Pepper on a site supposedly devoted to Glenn Gould has been allayed by
your response, in which you presume to speak for Mr Gould. An ancient incident
springs to mind in which a lady heatedly insisted to me that Liberace was the
greatest living pianist. We are all entitled to our batty opinions and if
someone wants to bungle the distinction between music and musicianship, that's
their privilege. Let's go whole hog here, why stick to discussing Gould, his
performances and his musicianship? I understand Gould liked catsup on his
eggs; I think Heinz is way better than Del Monte. And I think GG would have
agreed with me.

By the way, I love the music of the Beatles, and my favorite is the White
Album.

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~lichter

"To forgive is wisdom, to forget is genius."
                                 -Gulley Jimson