GG at the Cinema

A new release info.  A question follows.

In August, Sony is going to release a new GG disc
named "Glenn Gould at the Cinema"(SK 61883).

The disc will include the music used in *Slaughterhouse Five*,
*The Wars*, and *Thirty Two Short Stories about GG*.

==
PROGRAMS:
Music heard in *Slaugherhouse Five*:
- Bach: Concerto No. 5 in F Minor, BWV 1056
(Golschmann/Columbia Symphony)
- Bach: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 (vars. 18 & 25 only)
- Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G Major, BWV 1049
  (Only the third movement, Presto)
  (Casals conducting Marlboro Festival Orchestra: non-GG recording).
- Bach: Concerto No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1054 (Golshmann/Columbia)

Music heard in the 1983 film The Wars:
- Strauss: Sonata for Piano in B Minor, Op. 5 (second mov. only)
- Brahms: Intermezzo in E-Flat Major, Op. 117, No. 1
- Brahms: Intermezzo in B-Flat Minor, Op. 117, No. 2
- Brahms: Intermezzo in E-Flat Minor, Op. 118, No. 6

Music heard in Thirty-Two Short Films About Glenn Gould:
- Bach: English Suite No. 5 in E Minor, BWV 810 (prelude)
- Sibelius:  Sonatine No. 2 for Piano in E Major, Op. 67, No. 2 (Andantino)
- Scriabin:  2 Morceaux, Op. 57 (no.1 Desir)
- Bach: Prelude & Fugue No. 1 in C Major, BWV 846 (prelude)
- Bach: The Art of the Fugue, BWV 1080 (Contrapuctus IX)

==

As a matter of fact, I am now engaged in the project of
the Japanese version: writing an additional liner note
(N.B. The original note, which is also included in the Japanese
disc, was written by Tim Page; the original liner notes for
the soundtruck LP of *Slaughterhouse Five* [S 31333]
written by GG himself will be included.)

==

A question.  According to the credit, Gould's performance
of Goldberg Variations was also used in
*The Terminal Man*(by Mike Hodges, 1974),
as well as *La Separation* (by Christian Vincent, 1994).

I have seen *The Terminal Man*, and I know the 25th variation
from the 1955 version was used, but I have never seen
the French film *La Separation*.

Does anyone know which variation(s) of which version was/were
used for the "posthumous" film?
Anyway, what is the film like?  When I visited Amazon.com only to
find it will be released as a VHS tape in August: not available yet.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Junichi

Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo