Re: GG: Die Kunst der Fuge (revisited)

>> And most important: Could someone  pleasse reccommend a "reference
>> recording" of KdF? (heard a few good things about the Keller Quartett)

nothing beats the final contrapunctus that GG recorded - i find it sublime.
but the keller recording (like all ecm recordings) is a masterpiece and i
wholly recommend it. my favourite recording of the whole thing on piano is
the joanna macgregor cd. she is a wonderful pianist. i saw her perform this
live and it was amazing. if you buy this you also get a recording of
nancarrow's canons which are very good.

for the keller recording go to www.ecmrecords.com - they are very quick.

i find www.cduniverse.com very good for all other orders.

picking up on the LP-to-CD debate i have an audio cd recorder which i use
through my hi-fi (as oppossed to a computer). it is faultless in every way.
the draw back is that you have to use music-cds which are more expensive. i
get around this by "tricking" the machine and can use computer discs. i
would be happy to do one off recordings for anyone who wants one if someone
desperately wants a cd and can't get one.

all the best,

paul