Re:

>jerry and judy wrote:
>>
>> >Even if none was out here to listen, then, music would still be out there?
>>
>> Yes, just as numbers are!, not our numerals though.
>>

>Numbers don't exist!  They are a means of expression of SOMETHING else.
>
>brian

You'll have to elaborate.
If numbers don't exist (without human thought) or numbers aren't numbers,
huh... you lost me...

But I think we'd better get back to Glenn.

Boy, I sure could use many more CDs of GG playing Byrd and Gibbons, and
even Sweelinck.  There's so many pieces of the same quality, by these guys,
commensurate with the few that we're lucky enough to have (by GG).

Can anyone recommend another performer, preferrably on piano, that explores
these pieces as Gould did?  As you can probably tell, I'm not a big fan of
sixteenth century music, but I would like to hear more and play them for
friends  etc. I have a hard time making them sound musical, I need some
inspired renditions to 'copy'.  ;-)  Thanks.

Jerry