Re: GG: midi files

>Bradley wrote:     I,
>>for one, would like to hear some of GG's interpretations played
>>artificially faster or slower but at the correct pitch.
>>
>If you ever find these please let us know.  I play along with GG.  I'm not
>foolish enough to think I'll ever be as good as he was, but I find that
>playing with him gives me the feeling of his incredible rhythm.  Needless to
>say I can't play many pieces as fast as he did!
>I make midi files with my Cakewalk program of my student's pieces.  I use
>period appropriate instruments to get them into the spirit.  These files can
>be taken at any speed without pitch alteration.  This is much more fun than
>the metronome.
>GG midi files would sell like hotcakes. Maybe Sony can do this.
>Anne

I guess I don't know what "GG midi files" could possibly be?  Midi
technology is not 'up' to capturing a GG performance if that's what you
mean.  I think you would be very disappointed.

I transcribe a great deal of music from the WWW into readable scores, but I
only hope to get an approximation of the original score, certainly not a
great performance!  Maybe someday!!

I don't begrudge you for being idealistic, Anne

heheee!,
Jerry