Re: GG RE: Howard Scott <query>

Junichi Miyazawa wrote:

> I quote some of the questions I asked Howard Scott.
> Could anyone answer any of them on behalf of him?:

> >Q1.  Besides GG, there were at least four people in the
> >control room of the 30th Street Columbia Studio.
> >Could you please give their formal names and
> >their job titles respectively?

These credits are probably given on the original vinyl LP of
the Italian Concerto.  I don't think I ever owned that one on
vinyl, but I'm sure somebody on the list does.

The Kazdin book lists this recording as:
Columbia  ML 5472 (mono)    AND    MS 6141 (stereo)

This LP contains the Italian Concerto, plus the first two
Partitas in (respectively) B-flat major and C minor.  The release
date is 1960.

Aside from the producer, there should be an engineering credit.
As far as the assistant engineer(s), I don't know if Columbia typically
credited them on recordings of that era.  The guy giving the backrubs
and making tea is clearly the assistant (second) engineer.

> >Q2.  Is the photographer who took photos of Gould during
> >an intermission  Don Hunstein?

Yep.  That's a very young-looking Don Hunstein.
Boy, *there's* somebody who needs to write a book, if he
hasn't already.  I'm sure that Columbia owns the rights to
all those great photos, but just imagine what a nice collection
of GG images could be put together!

jh