GG: Fritz Steinway (was: GG off/on the Record)

The screening project of "GG off/on the Record" in Tokyo
is going on.  It will be screened in November
at the Teater Seiyu, Ginza, Tokyo.

Today, I received a fax dated September 13
from Frederick '"Fritz" Steinway,
who was born in 1921 as a son of the fourth president
Theodore Steinway and was the head of Concert & Artist
Department in 1958-1963.

He confirmed me that the person in the suit and necktie tallking
with GG in the Stainway Hall Concert Basement is the very
Frederick Steinway.  "Before the filming, Glenn and I talked about
what we should say and he suggested that the usual light
banter was fine and nothing more serious should be used."

Fritz Steinway, of course retired,  now lives in Massathusetts.

He confirmed also that the other person talking with GG is
Morris Schnaper "who at that tim    e was the Concert Department
tuner who prepared pianos in the basement."
You can see his name in a GG letter in the Letters of Glenn Gould
to C. W. Fitzgerald dated  June 22, 1960 as "Morris Schnapper."
The correct spelling is "Schnaper."  I requested asked for his
information the Steinway Archive at LaGardia Community College
in New York.

Morris Schnaper was born in 1896.  He worked at
Steinway from 1944 to 1962.

I hope you will find these informations interesting.

Regards,

Junichi

Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
walkingtune@bigfoot.com (alias)