Re: Gathering 1999

Dear F-minor's:

I came back from the GG Gathering this past Wednesday and really enjoyed
being in Toronto at the CBC building's Glenn Gould Studio, where most of the
GG Gathering events were held (I must say though that the CBC building sort
of looks in the inside like the CNN building in Atlanta -- please, no nasty
letters from Canadians on that comment . . .). One of my first impressions
was that it was a great experience to see that there were physically many
Glenn Gould fans around but it was a satisfying experience and the GG
Gathering itself was very well organized and for that I must thank John
Miller and his staff at the Glenn Gould Foundation.  I was able to attend
about 80% of the scheduled events and took part in the Northern trip after
the Gathering was over.  If any of you have the time to tour the area
between Sault Ste. Marie and Wawa, I'd suggest you all take the time to do
it as well as take the train from Sault Ste. Marie to the Algoma Canyon.

 As far as the gathering itself is concerned, briefly, the events which
moved me were the "Two musics in mind" (a fanciful idea of a meeting between
Bach and Glenn Gould) and seeing the play "Glenn" in Stratford.  On the
Northern Tour,  while we were on the train and the bus rides, we saw a lot
of trees whose leaves were bright red and the nature there was truly
stunning as well as seeing Lake Superior; simply a sight to behold.   Be
well you all; I'm listening to the "portrait for radio" that Glenn Gould
made of Leopold Stokowski, which was part of the GG Gathering registration
package and is remarkable.

Daniel Vaiser

PS-- For Marius Coomans: are you going to put any of the northern pictures
on your web site?