Gathering 1999

Dear Fminoreans,
I'm glad that I got to meet some of you at the convention, which IMHO is
very well organised.  Most of the panel discussions were very
informative, and I love the Tracks: Listening to Glenn Gould and to be
privileged to hear some of those rare audio recordings of Gould when he
was just starting his career as concert pianist.  It was interesting to
hear how this pianist progressed and that he once was a man with
"conventional" interpretations.  His CBC recordings esp. his Bach d-moll
concerto just goes to show how much a person can change in just a few
years.  The last day of the convention was a bit sad for me, for it meant
the end of this little utopia we've concocted ourselves where all we did
was discuss a particular person's life and work and state of mentality.

I got a lot of GG's LP and an Images album in French, as well as most of
the CBC recordings I could find.  These materials are esp. rare in the US
and Taiwan, so I'm very glad that I went to the convention.  Cheers to
everyone, Elisha

Strong conviction is necessary against prejudice.  The proof: Glenn
Gould. --Nathan Perleman