GG: Bernstein Article

Hello, I haven't written for a year but have enjoyed lurking and reading
the messages of varying topics all surrounding Glenn Gould.  To me, it's
so fascinating that so many people have so much to say about Glenn (there,
I said it too!).  At the same time, I don't see anyone on this list
discussing him as though he were a saint.  In fact, there is a lot of
discussion about the things that people don't think are so great about
him.  If it wasn't for this list, too, I probably wouldn't own Roslyn
Tureck's beautiful Partitas recording, either!

After four years of studying jazz and having also gone through a rather
"stodgy" classical education at the same time, I was blown away the first
time I heard the '55 Goldbergs.  That recording is so full of life and
youth.  It gave me a fresh perspective on older music, and I'll always be
filled with wonder every time I listen to them.  It has also piqued my
curiosity in the performances of other pianists and their interpretations
of pieces.

I tend to think that Miss Bernstein has some sort of personal axe to
grind.  A lot of the things in the article were more mean-spirited than
good solid criticism.

'Scuse me Miss Bernstein, but I'll take my 'Bergs and scrambles over your
article any day!

Steve