Solitude trilogy

Dear minors,

I recently ordered the Solitude Trilogy on CBC from CDNow (30% off + $10
off via the attached link if you are interested).  I was wondering
exactly what it is about?  I am not really familiar with GG's
documentaries.  I am sure the liner notes will be useful, but any other
background information; associated reading, stories, or links, etc.
would be greatly appreciated as a primer.

B.T.W. has anyone heard about Sony rereleasing the GG videos on DVD, I
will be among the first in line if they do.

All the Best,
Charlie

P.S. Oh yeah...the link
http://p01.com/t.d?QED5o4ae=cdnow/from=red:x:cdn:bk11125v2