GG & VARIOUS PERCEIVED DISEASES

WHOOPS..originally sent privately to Madiva...am sending to whole list. I for
one, am very displeased with these little nit-pickings at GOULD....!!!

Subj:   Re: GG Asperger's syndrome
Date:   3/5/00 9:37:51 AM Pacific Standard Time
From:   SCARLATTI
To: madiva@working.it

With respects to MADIVA, who was responding to a thread which I evediently
didn't see........
I wish to put in my 2 cents.........

Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder. Both Asperger's
Disorder and Autistic Disorder are in fact subgroups of a larger diagnostic
category. This larger category is called either Autistic Spectrum Disorders
or Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
In Asperger's Disorder, affected individuals are characterized by social
isolation and eccentric behavior in childhood. There are impairments in
two-sided social interaction and non-verbal communication. Though
grammatical, their speech is peculiar due to abnormalities of inflection and
a repetitive pattern. Clumsiness is prominent both in their articulation and
gross motor behavior. They usually have a circumscribed area of interest
which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests.
Some examples are cars, trains, French Literature, door knobs, hinges,
cappucino, meteorology, astronomy or history.

I got this info from their site....!

without going into convoluted discussions............
LEAVE IT ALONE......DON'T GO THERE.......NONE OF THE ABOVE IS APPLICABLE
ABOVE THE NORM....WHATEVER THAT IS...

SO......LISTEN OR NOT.....ENOUGH

scarlatti@aol.com