Re: Gould unfinishes the unfinished fugue?

> Check the f_minor archives: I believe somebody confirmed about a year ago
> that Gould stops exactly where the Peters edition does.  It might be that
> simple, a choice of edition.

What interests me more is whether the editor consciously removed the last
several bars that Bach in fact wrote - from Mr. Malone's reply I understand
he did, am I right?

If Gould plays an evidently unfinished variant, it's almost as weird as the fact
that he hasn't played the two Ricercars from the Musical Offering. He couldn't
justify it with the lack of organization (as in Toccatas).

Juozas Rimas Jr
http://mp3.com/JuozasRimas