Asperger's, etiquette, etc

As always, I have no problem with any topic of relation to Gould being
discussed in this forum as long as it is done civilally.

If you do not wish to read the thread on Asperger's, please delete it
beforehand.  However I think some fascinating points pro and con have come
of this passionate discussion.  (I for one am always torn when it comes to
the good that the mental health professionals do in practice and the
massive abuses of "Big Pharm" for profit.) Gould took a lot of drugs.  He
had an unusual personality. Several people who have had access to his
papers, friends of his, biographers-- have all raised his mental and
physical health as points of debate. Those are appropriate topics for
discussion in this forum.

For what it is worth as listowner, I have a great deal of respect for Mr.
Maloney and I take exception to anyone maligning another who is not in a
position to enter into the conversation. Please refrain from personal
attacks of any kind-- but feel free to debate ideas.

Thanks,
Mary Jo Watts
listowner, f_minor
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu