Re: Composers we like

Nemesio wrote:
> "GG was indeed "goofy."  But, I would say that not many of us know people
> quite that goofy, so goofy that they wear winter clothes in the summer,
> sleep in the day/work in the night, parade around in boats to scare away
> fish from fishermen, play Bach and Schoenberg to absolute perfection and
> hate most of Beethoven and Schumann, --"

Well, that is true as long as you restrain musical environment to tuxedo
"Perahias" and the like.
On the other hand, on a wider scope (which happens to be my view as the
"multiple-musical-styles-lover" I am), Glenn Gould would be no rarity on
Rolling Stone magazine's fauna, or in a Yes or Jethro Tull concert.
As a Rock 'n' Roll star, he would be a quite average guy, and in the
classical field, he would even have competition as regards to his
weirdness... with today's violinist Nigel Kennedy, perhaps.
Pablo