CD 318 and the hiccups

hi List,

Continuing down our controversial path of combining musical analysis with
medical evaluation, I'd like to throw in my recent discovery not about Glenn
Gould the performer or the man, but about his piano, CD 318.  You know how
that piano occasionally double-strikes a note when it's played softly in the
middle register.  Well, I may have been able to diagnose when it first came
down with a case of the hiccups.  WTC Book 1, BWV849, the fugue in c sharp
minor, recorded sometime between 14 July 1962 and 21 Sept 1962.  Another
early case is the allemande to the fourth partita, recorded between 11 Dec
62 and 9 April 63.

If anyone thinks they know of earlier out-breaks, please let me know.

Jim