Re: A State of Mal Wonder

At 16:27 17.09.02 -0400, James Whiskeychan wrote:

I don't have this set yet. Here is a thought. Many people believe that the Goldberg Variations should be played (and listened to) as a seamless whole. In other words, there should be no track numbers at all. You roll from one right into the next.

The first Goldberg 81 that I listened to was unspliced: the Player would show only one track, with the variations as indexes (quite unnerving if you want to compare the arias, as you would have to fast forward through the whole disc...(at least with a "cheapo" CD-Player) I might try to find out whether my library still has that copy, and when it was printed....

Nonetheless, there WERE spaces in between the variations. maybe it's a
player hardware/software problem??

Arne