The Russian Journey

Actually, CBC TV is broadcasting the 2 specials tonight.  The Life and
Times
documentary on his life, as well as a 2-hour film of Glenn's trip to
Russia.

The Russian Journey was only an hour.  The second hour was The Goldberg
Variations.

For those of you outside the CBC range, you can purchase the Russian
Journey.  1 800 955 7711.  (I think it is 800 not 888.  After 3 hours of
Glenn I lost my TV privledges so I can't rewind the tape to check! I have
the Goldberg video so after 1/2 hour of it I handed over the remote.  The
channel was changed immediately. )

This gave a new view of GG.  Beautiful footage of Russian.  Political and
cultural background.  The Russian musicians were (and still are) very
grateful to Gould for letting people know the conditions they were working
under.
One comment from a Russian authority struck me as funny.  He said GG's views
were a "logical product of the free world."

I hope I can get the TV back tommorrow. Oh well, I have *my own* radio.

Good luck to all who entered the story and audio contests.

James