Re: [F_MINOR] O/T ... a misuse of music?

<<But what kind of a society is it which uses what are arguably some of the most beautiful creations of the human mind as a sort of repellent? to young people seen as 'undesirable"? I know that there are many youngsters who appreciate classical music as well as other kinds. if thy are introduced to it in a positive way; but what kind of message is it sending out to use music as a means of driving people away?>>

I have heard also, in past years, that playing classical music deterred the congregation of drug addicts and criminal elements in certain areas.  I believe I heard this was done in San Francisco, though I cannot really remember.  Well, who can say that playing classical music does not promote "wonder, serenity, or [induce] a feeling of relaxation and positivity in public places"?  My guess is that it does, but these are feelings which certain elements find distasteful.  So it makes sense to me.  I think the idea is worthy of further research.  Why, exactly, does classical music (if indeed this is the case) drive away 'undesirable' elements?  I would say because the very feelings you describe are antithetical to the feelings which are native to such elements.  They drive them away, just like the "White Supremacist Rock music, like "Prussian Blue" would drive you away.  To each their own I would say.....Dorian

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website