Re: Request

In message <Pine.OSF.3.92.961006145634.20747A-100000@hilltop.ic.edu>,
Robert Kunath <kunath@hilltop.ic.edu> writes
>Dear Ralph,
>
>       Another possible source for the Gould/Bernstein performance is the
>NY Philharmonic itself.  I believe the Phil gave away CD's of that
>performance as rewards for a contribution (of at least $50, I think) to
>the orchestra's fund drive some years ago, and the CD may still be
>available, though quite expensive in comparison to the Italian source
>suggested.  Good Luck, and let us know if you track it down (I've never
>heard it myself).

This performance was issued on the Nota Blue label very recently. The
disc is a Bernstein compilation - double CD - including the Rhapsody in
Blue etc. as well as the GG.

Shop around for it and I'm sure you will find it.

Going to the NY Phil is a little drastic !
Neil Tingley                   Furtwaengler FAQ from r.m.c.r contributers at:
neil@music.demon.co.uk         http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/music/ & links to
London, UK                     G.H Gould and others "more about me" menu.