Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:08:59 -1000 (HST)
From: Alexander Darnell Dailey <dailey@hawaii.edu>
To: mwatts@eden.rutgers.edu
Subject: F-minor search engine

Dear Ms. Watts,

Your listserve for Glenn Gould is terrific. I'm currently working on a
creative essay about Gould and his life and have found the numerous
threads invaluable in exposing me to the discussion about Gould. His life
is incredibly enchanting and inspiring.

I have one suggestion, however: the search function for the F-minor digest
does not seem to work.

In that vein, and if you have the information on hand, I am desperately
trying to find the birth and death dates for Gould's parents. After
consulting several biographies, and various online
sources, the best I can come up with is:

Florence:
b. [month? date?] 1892, d. July 26, 1975
Bert
b. ?, d. ? sometime late 1995?

If you could help me out here or point me to the source, I'd greatly
appreciate it. I've spent so much time already trying to dig out this
information.

Thanks again for your work on the listserve and I look forward to your
reply.

Alex Dailey
University of Hawaii
dailey@hawaii.edu