Re: Your Favorite Hummming (yes, this is a trivial post)

> What is your favorite humming in a Glenn Gould recording?

By humming, I presume, Gould indicates where the peaks of emotion in the
piece he's performing are. Sometimes our opinions about the peaks match.
Then for me humming is desirable rather than annoying. In the 8th fugue
(WTC1) there's a moment where Gould is singing almost in full voice, not
humming, and it's the same moment where I feel the emotional climax of the
piece is and Bach himself probably thought same. Having listened to the
fugue dozens of times, I always get shivers at that particular moment: Gould
is playing louder, stronger, more vigorously, he is singing and it excites
me more than certain moments of Mahler's symphonies or other big orchestral
works.

Juozas Rimas
Lithuania