RE: Your Favorite Hummming (yes, this is a trivial post)

There's a short BBC documentary about Gould made in Toronto during a major
summit in the 70s. It's an amazing film in many ways (such as "Mr Gould,
could you tell us something about your life away from the piano, something
more personal?" Gould: "I could do, but I'm not going to (blank expression,
long pause)"! But best of all is a recording made on the piano in the
appartment of sections of the Italian concerto where the humming is simply
sensational. The dynamic range, the colours, the energy and rhythmic drive -
it's all there. And MUCH louder than in any of the CBS recordings. This is
probably because they were doing a current affairs film and therefore didn't
try to baffle it or stream it out. It is without question the best bit of
Gould humming around.

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.