Re: GG : a possible underlying cause of physical symptoms

In a message dated 4/26/00 10:03:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
katecluniesross@hotmail.com writes:

<< Is there any medically knowlegable f-minor out there who could tell me if
 am talking nonsense or whether  lupus, or any related auto-immune disorder,
 is a possibility?
 Lupus is notoriously difficult to diagnose, and is especially rare in men (I
 understand nine-tenths of patients are women) although not impossible. Some
 people go for years without being diagnosed. I expect their friends just
 think they are hypochondriacs. >>

Hi Kate,
I don't think that you're talking nonsense at all; I was diagnosed with lupus
around eleven years ago and have often wondered whether GG had it. There can
be a certain blood complement that make one more susceptable to strokes.
Before diagnosis a person can be accused of being a hypochondriac, even by
doctors if they refuse to run the proper tests. I always had an aversion to
daylight and have been a night person my entire life. Sun exposure could,
quite literally, kill me.
With some plaquenil and prednisone....who knows? GG might still be recording
or conducting.

Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com