GG : A possible underlying cause of physical symptoms

Anne M Marble said, in reply to my original message, that if GG did have Lupus, "its a good thing he stayed out of sunlight as much as he did"
Yes...sunlight can trigger off attacks of lupus (thats happened to me)
and Gould always seems to be described as "pale". And its well-known that he preferred grey days to sunny ones; bit it never occurred to me that this could be anything but an emotionally motivated response.

Also Anne says that "some fans dont like to apply medical theories to Glenn Gould". I wonder why? He obviously did have medical problems which affected his life and work, and he himself was hardly reluctant to involve members of the medical profession...many of them, and often.
Still: I'm sorry if I've offended anybody! As I said before, Gould means a lot to me and I didnt intend to be hypercritical!

Kate Clunies-Ross