Re: A possible underlying cause of physical symptoms

> Anne M Marble said, in reply to my original message, that if GG did have
> Lupus, "its a good thing he stayed out of sunlight as much as he did"
> Yes...sunlight can trigger off attacks of lupus (thats happened to me)
> and Gould always seems to be described as "pale". And its well-known that
he
> preferred grey days to sunny ones; bit it never occurred to me that this
> could be anything but an emotionally motivated response.

I always thought of it as an emotional response, too. Maybe it was at that.
But now, you've made me think. (Uh-oh, I thought I could smell something
burning...) Who knows, maybe it was All of the Above.

> Also Anne says that "some fans dont like to apply medical theories to
Glenn
> Gould". I wonder why? He obviously did have medical problems which
affected
> his life and  work, and he himself was hardly reluctant to involve
members
> of the medical profession...many of them, and often.
> Still: I'm sorry if I've offended anybody! As I said before, Gould means
> lot to me and I didnt intend to be hypercritical!

Some fans want to talk only about the music. They don't want to talk about
Glenn Gould's health, personal life, quirks, etc.  I agree that Glenn
Gould's music is the most important thing. (Well, that plus the radio
documentaries and essays. <g>) But it's not the only thing. if you present
me with someone as interesting as Glenn Gould, I can't help talking about
those "other things." I guess that's the (unpublished) novelist in me.

Anyway, welcome aboard! :->

AMM