Re: GG: the murderer

Andrew said:
> I recently saw a magazine in Germany which had gould on
> the front page. The article was entitled Glenn Gould:
> Rebel, Genius and Psychopath. How many people is GG
> known to have murdered? I had not heard of this aspect
> of his character before.

This shows us all the dangers of journalists using psychological terminology they know nothing about.
This writer was probably thinking of some other
term -- which was probably completely wrong-headed
as well. Research would have helped!

I've heard Glenn Gould referred to with lots of
psychological terms -- some of which made sense, most
of which did not. But *this* is a first!

By the way, if I remember correctly, the term
"psychopath" is no longer accepted by
psychiatrists in general.

P.S. I remembered to include line breaks in my message
this time! (The web-based e-mail thingie doesn't add
them, so in some formats, the line breaks don't show
up.)