Re : GG:Venting time

So Glenn Gould loved privacy so much that he would object to what we (and
others) are doing....would he?
Nonsense (in my opinion, anyway). For heavens sake, this is the man who
expressed sadness because he thought nobody would come to his funeral!!
To GG, the listener was everything...he would have been delighted that we
find him and his music such a source of interest.Didnt he think every
listener should have the ability to 'create' his own programme to suit his
tastes? Didnt he take the trouble to express his own ideas with exceptional
clarity in his writing? ..which argues that he was more than happy to offer
his thoughts to others for discussion.
As for his 'private' life, well, do we really know so much about it that we
can discuss it in such shocking detail?
Emails (etc) are as good as the telephone for communicating, and we all know
how he felt about *that*. In fact, in some ways they are better because they
offer a kind of 'take-two-ness, in that if you make an error you can correct
it before you click on 'send'!
In fact (wishful fantasy on my part!) if GG was still with us, I think he'd
join in. Somewhat shyly, maybe....and under a pseudonym, of course!