Gould in the cinema.

Hello!

A few days ago, I was in a big cinema on the Champs-Elysees,
I had to wait for ten minuts before the film.
I was sitting and listening to the 'musak' coming down from the
loudspeakers.
Then, I heard they played the Goldberg Variations, GG,1955!
I first couldn't believe I was sitting here, waiting for a highly
material movie from Hollywwod and hearing the Aria...

I think about GG who didn't like to be heard by an audience, even
when it was deeply into the listening of him.
In the cinema, people didn't even notice there was music, they were
eating popcorns.

There is no one to blame for this, but I wonder if it was the right
place to play GG.

				gp, Paris.