Bach Toccata's

Hi, I just subscribed to the group--I hope this topic hasn't been run
into the ground...

I just purchased Glenn's recording of Bach's Toccata's, because I
am learning the D Minor (BWV 913).  Is it just me, or are Gould's
tempo's relatively unorthodox?   It seems to me, especially in the D
Minor and the D Major, that the tempo's are excessivly slow.
Nonetheless, Gould is my favorite player of Bach, and the
counterpoint is brought out incredibly.  I just have never heard
these toccata's performed by anybody else, so I don't know how
the "mainstream" interpretation with regard to tempo's goes.
Thanks!

Andrew