Re: Bach Toccata's

At 19:46 18/01/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I just purchased Glenn's recording of Bach's Toccata's, because I
>am learning the D Minor (BWV 913).  Is it just me, or are Gould's
>tempo's relatively unorthodox?   It seems to me, especially in the D
>counterpoint is brought out incredibly.  I just have never heard
>these toccata's performed by anybody else, so I don't know how
>the "mainstream" interpretation with regard to tempo's goes.

If you haven't heard any other performances, how do you know what is an orthodox tempo?  I am not being mean, but I want to know how orthodoxy is perceived.
Bruce Petherick                       |

This week's special....               |
Solar Power!                          |

Bringing musicology to the masses...  |