Re: Request for permission and contributions

    The GG content here is rather obscure, but I'm directly in the middle of
reading George Santayana's "The Last Puritan" and I'm wondering if you could
tell me an odd detail about sailing.  Do sailors call the wind by the
direction it's coming from, the direction it's going toward, or are there a
variety of traditions on how to talk about it?  That is to say, is are
Newfoundlanders' south-west winds blowing against the Bay Du Nord or the Dog
Bay Line?
    Just thought that main character Oliver Alden tended to have different
things to say when he was standing astern in a bracing wind rather than aft
looking over the trail left by the boat.  Thanks.

--
-Angela
http://www.musicfile.com/sunshine

-----Original Message----->been working on my Glenn Gould Web site