GG: Last Puritan Question

Dear Angela,

It just so happens I took a meteorology class last year (which I enjoyed
very much), and I know for certain that in meteorology, you call the wind by
the direction from which it originates.  Therefore a 'northwest wind' would
be coming from the northwest.  Since quite a number of terms and definitions
in meteorology seem to come from nautical sources, I imagine sailors
identify a wind the same way.

Veronica
xavierandrew@earthlink.net