later style

>The third and final question is, if I should do this, which recordings in
>the mind of the F-minors best show off Gould's later style?

damn this plain text ... so boring!

i know he hated it, as a piece of music, but the 1981 recording of bach's
italian concerto (just released for the first time on the re-issued silver
jubilee album) is very good. from my point of view it draws out the pure
aestheticism of the piece and shows gould's stringent artistic asceticism.
the middle movement is one of the most beautiful pieces by bach and the
clarity of the recording which captures the piano perfectly is joyous.
compare this to his earlier recording of the piece and it shows a remarkable
change.

and of course it's obvious but the final goldberg's...

paul