Paul's

Greetings, all.

Paul's reaction to my **now famous night letter** (sic!) -- thanks to all
of you who wrote me private on it, it made my next night... -- had me think
that the f_minor list is somehow a pure reflection of Gould's life, as far
as "that ambiguity of late-modernity" is concerned. Indeed, there is a case
to be made about technology having been the main reason for Gould's
isolation and melancholy. The very technology that made him able to
communicate with the entire world also pushed him out of the social mode
and into solitude. This is the very same thing that shall happen to
somebody who spends too much time on the internet, aint it? But then again,
when I look at kids today navigating for hours and hours and chatting with
a passion with people from all over... I say to myself that "the reality of
being a social entity" is only what we are capable of processing at any
given moment with the background and conditions that have been configured
by our genes and our experience as a being. On that note, there is this old
green bike that is awaiting me in the alley... it's always time for fresh
air.

	Joseph Jean Rolland Dubé
	439, 5e Rue, Studio 1
	Shawinigan (Québec)