Dispensable Gould?

I was thinking last night about what recordings by Gould were
indispensable and which I could live without.  In the latter category I
would without hesitation put his Beethoven and Strauss; in the former
his Bach, Mozart, Haydn , Brahms, Prokofiev and Gibbons/Byrd.  But I had
difficulty with Hindemith and the Second Viennese School.  I don't know
if the problem is that I just don't like the piano works of these
composers (I do like Schoenberg's late choral works and even some of the
orchestral works; and Berg's larger works are appealing; but, Webern
just eludes me)  I was hoping that someone on the list might have an
opinion on his performance of those composers  (i.e., Hindemith,
Schoenberg, Berg, Webern, Krenek) so as to give me some sense about
whether the problem is my dislike of the music or of Gould's performance
of it.
    Allan