Re: Improving Your Perceptions through Glenn Gould

 For what it's worth, I couldn't agree more with Anne, and even take her
observation step further to the realm of 'polyphonic listening'.

I recall hearing Geoff.Payzant on a CBC radio programme, speak of Glenn's
astounding capacity to follow multiple threads of audio, be they regular
conversations of several people (in a restaurant or whatever) or multiple
instruments in a musical piece, or multi-voiced piano pieces as we find in
the typical Bach fugue etc.

Mr. Payzant went on to say how he believed that Glenn believed that
'everyone' has or potentially has, this ability, and in fact that he took
for granted when writing the solitude trilogy.

The bottom line being that I think Anne is correct in ascribing that the
developement and sensitizing of our aural capabilities can be increased by
Gould's recordings, be they music or  voice-documentary (which requires a
combination of both).

It's a broad subject, really, and one well-worth thinking more deeply about.

Charles