Re: GG: and the Romantics

I think Chopin was demonstrating his fondness for the
WTC in some of his concert etudes.  Several of them
contain sixteenth notes from beginning to end,
creating a kind of contrapuntal texture, similar to
that of the counterpoint Bach employed in several
fugues of the WTC.  (Bach loved his sixteenth
notes!!!)  Opus 10, number 4 "Bumble Bee" I think, is
an example, where the sixteenth notes create a kind of
chromatic counterpoint evoking the image of a bee in
flight, like Rimsky Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumble
Bee" and lend a unique polyphonic quality to the
piece.

Bud