Re: GG: Beethoven's the Second Concerto

 haven't heard GG's playing of Beethoven's First Piano Concerto, but one of
the earliest recordings of GG's I was able to obtain was his one recording of
a Mozart Piano Concerto (#24).  The cadenza at the end of the first movement
was stunning.  I'm not tutored in music , but the way he summarized and
integrated the preceding themes and then concluded them in a grand run down
through the scales was a most remarkable "virtuosic display" indeed!